"I am half child, half ancient"
- Bjork (via 13thmoon)
(Source: nymphetgarden, via tectusregis)
"…I therefore have no cognition of myself as I am, but only as I appear to myself."
- Immanuel Kant, The Critique of Pure Reason (via penchant-for-paradox)
"All novelists should live in two different worlds: a real one and an unreal one."
- John Fowles (via theparisreview)
"We would rather be ruined than changed
We would rather die in our dread
Than climb the cross of the moment
And let our illusions die."
- W.H. Auden (via observando)
"that in the face of which…we were anxious was “properly” nothing. Indeed, the nothing itself - as such - was there.
the nothing crowds around, all utterance of the “is” falls silent in the face of the nothing."
- Martin Heidegger, “What Is Metaphysics?” (via alterities)
"Love is as we will it to be."
- Amunhotep El Bey, The Quotations Book of life and Death (via fables-of-the-reconstruction)